The Sustainable New Agri-Food Products and Productivity (SNAPP) Program is an initiative of the Rural Agri-Innovation Network (RAIN), a division of the Sault Ste Marie Innovation Centre in partnership with the Northern Ontario Farm Innovation Alliance and the Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre and supports Northern Ontario agriculture and food producers, businesses, collaborations, communities and First Nations to create new products, enhance productivity and adopt clean technology to support improved environmental performance while fostering growth.
Project Activity Streams
Eligible projects may fall under the following streams:
- New Products – Projects that enable agriculture or food producers to create primary or processed products that are new to the business. Examples of potentially eligible projects include the creation of a new ready-to-eat processed product, or the ability to produce a new farm product. Project equipment may include food or fibre processing equipment or food production equipment.
- Productivity Enhancement – Projects that utilize innovative technologies or processes to increase efficiencies in their operations and improve processes or products. Project equipment may include greenhouse structures, production equipment, animal tracking (tag reading technology) meat processing equipment, or food packaging equipment.
- Clean Tech in Agri-Food – Projects that adopt clean technology at the farm/business level and support improved environmental performance while fostering productivity, growth and competitiveness. Eligible projects must improve environmental performance relative to standard/most commonplace technologies. Therefore, energy efficiency, remanufacturing, or productivity improvement initiatives do not necessarily include clean tech adoption/adaptation. Examples of potentially eligible projects include precision agriculture technology for irrigation and fertilization, composting and waste management, controlled environment greenhouse technology and gaining water or energy efficiencies.
Up to $10,000 at 50% cost-share for individual applicants
Up to $25,000 at 50% cost-share for collaborations of 3 or more
INTAKE 1: Will be open from December 9, 2019 to February 28, 2020
The application form is available as a fill-able PDF document. Download the application form below and open in Adobe Acrobat Reader to begin working on the application. Remember to save the file in an accessible folder and save the file often when working on it. If you do not have access to Adobe Acrobat Reader or are having issues with the form, please contact Cathy Bouchard at firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent a WORD version of the application.
For more information on the program contact:
- Cathy Bouchard – email@example.com or (705)942-7927 ext. 3135
- Northern Ontario Farm Innovation Alliance – firstname.lastname@example.org or (705)647-4782
Northwest – Thunder Bay/Kenora/Rainy River:
- Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre – email@example.com or (807)768-6682
For additional support with financing and assistance with strategic planning, contact your local Community Futures Ontario office. Contact information can be found by visiting: https://cfontario.ca/find-cfdc-office-pf-en.