The Rural-Agri Innovation Network (RAIN), is looking for volunteers to help a Thessalon producer plant shrubs in efforts to restore a shoreline along the Thessalon River.
Potential planting date is: Saturday June 5th (with a rain date the following Saturday)
POST DATE: Oct 28, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Nov 13, 2020
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: CONTRACT
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 13, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION: The position would coordinate the development of a Lake Huron Collaborative, comprised of partners that have a similar interest in resource management and stewardship actions in Sault Ste. Marie and Central Algoma. The partners within the collaborative include Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre’s Rural Agri-Innovation Network (RAIN) Division, Central Algoma Freshwater Coalition, The Kensington Conservancy, Sault Ste. Marie Field Naturalists, and the Invasive Species Centre. The position would coordinate collaborative efforts to maximize the effectiveness of individual organizations and increase local capacity to respond to threats to the Lake Huron and the Great Lakes basin. The position is a 6-month full-time contract with the potential for renewal.
- Develop a framework for collaboration between partner organizations to make decisions, evaluate performance and manage project budgets
- Create a detailed project plan over the next five years to implement on the ground and educational initiatives aimed at addressing priorities and actions from the Lake Huron Lakewide Action Management Plan
- Promote partner activities and projects through the collaborative and to the greater community
- Support current partner projects including the development of toolkits, training, and restoration activities.
- Facilitate meetings with the collaborative partners
- The ideal candidate would possess a BA or BSc. in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography or Community Development
- At least 2 years of experience working in their field of study
- Strong communication skills to communicate scientific or technical information to different audiences
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative partnerships with First Nations, Municipalities, government agencies, businesses, and organizations
- Education or experience in strategic planning, project management and program development would be desirable
- A passion for environmental stewardship and responding to threats in watersheds
- Demonstrated experience in action-based restoration projects in volunteer coordination and managing stakeholder relationship