Over 10 years ago Buy Algoma Buy Fresh started as a project of local partners as an online and printed directory for local consumers to find local products. Since 2017, there has been 10,000 local food directories distributed, a 30% increase in traffic on the Buy Algoma website and a 60% increase in social media engagement on Facebook.
Now, in 2019 The Rural Agri-Innovation Network (RAIN) has developed a branding initiative to connect consumers with local food, drinks, products and experiences here in Algoma, by bringing together local producers, processors, farmers’ markets, restaurants and retailers.
Buy Algoma Buy Local aims to create awareness of business/organization that support local, increase the number of local products that are purchased and create a communication platform.
Buy Algoma Buy Local will promote businesses / organizations with:
- A listing in our local guide (directory) where over 5,000 copies will be distributed throughout Algoma
- A listing on our www.buyalgoma.ca and www.ontariofresh.ca website
- Participating in various marketing campaigns
- Participating as a vendor at community events
- Featuring on our social media platforms which include Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Buy Algoma Buy Local will connect businesses/organizations by:
- Using our brand logo in promotional materials (e.g. website, packaging, menus etc.)
- Displaying the Buy Algoma Buy Local decal (e.g. storefront window/door, farmers’ market booth, farm gate etc.)
- A monthly e-newsletter to share information
- Being a part of www.ontariofresh.ca, a network of 2200+ members which include wholesale food buyers, sellers, and processors from a diverse region in Ontario
We are now accepting applications for our 2019 – 2020 membership. The deadline for submitting applications is June 27th, 2019. Please contact Jessica Cherry, RAIN Market Development Coordinator (email@example.com or 705-942-7927 x 3141) to learn more about how to become a member!